Thursday, July 17, 2014

AWESOME!






Two days ago, Rita, one of my students, handed me a note, asking me to read it later.  In it, she asked to be able to speak with me about what she termed a serious problem that she has.  I talked with her yesterday at lunch for over half an hour; she is a quite insecure young lady with little self-worth.  Her dad is in the picture, but only minimally.  She doubts his love for her.  She wanted advice on how to improve her feelings of herself and to learn how to gain friends.  How could I help her without being able to mention the only true source of security?  I tried, but it felt like putting a Band-Aid on a severed limb, especially since these campers leave tomorrow and new ones come on the following day.  Today Rita came up to me again to talk; this time she asked if she would be able to stay here next week but as a helper instead of a camper.  I told her that she would have to talk with the lady who is our orphanage's headmaster, someone who loves the Father and her kids amazingly but, at first glance, seems rather intimidating.  Rita talked with her this afternoon.  That, in itself, is a victory for her!  Afterwards the headmaster and I talked about it with the help of the American who is here working with our orphanages.  She asked whether I would want Rita helping in my class; do you need to wonder how I answered?  I gave a very resounding "Yes!"  So please keep both me and Rita in your thoughts during the coming week, that I will be able to fully share our Father's love for her, and that the eyes of her heart will be opened wide!  THANK YOU so very much for keeping us before the Throne!

Dave Ostman


No comments:

Post a Comment